Sunday, January 16, 2011

Clean-up Clean-up... Everybody clean-up....


One of my projects for today was to clean-up my craft room. As I was cleaning I noticed that most of my cricut mats needed to be re-sticky. Here is what I do and I am so glad that I found out these little tricks... I haven't bought a mat since I learned this! Things you will need: plastic paint scraper (got at the dollar store in a pack of 3 different sizes), sink, dish soap, and zig 2 way jumbo glue stick. I put pictures of the paint scraper and the glue stick to
give you an idea of what I am talking about.



1- I take the clear protector off the mat and go to the kitchen sink.

2- Put the mat on a towel, put a little bit (size of a dime or smaller) of dish soap in the center of the mat and put warm water on mat till there is a soapy layer all over the mat.

3- I let it sit for a couple of minutes, after they have sat for a min or two, they will make all the paper and any fibers that have stuck to the mat soft.

4- Take the paint scraper and run it across the mat a few times. You will notice that the soap will turn a dark color if this is the first time you have done it.

5- Rinse off all the soap and fiber and then set mat in dish drainer or I like to sit my in the dishwasher so I can clean more mats at a time. It should be dry in about an hour or so, and it should be sticky as new :) if not follow step 6.

6- If the mat is still not sticky after that you can put a thin layer of zig 2 way glue on the mat, only on the part of the mat that is suppose to be sticky. Let it dry over night and it will be like new!

I hope this saves you some scrapbook money :)

No comments:

Post a Comment